Shop Forum More Submit  Join Login
Sarcantasy 008 by Grendelkin Sarcantasy 008 by Grendelkin
Last time, on Sarcantasygrendelkin.deviantart.com/art/…

You throw wide the Left door and run through. The redhead kicks it shut behind you.
Before you lies a stairwell that leads down. You forget your misgivings about heading deeper into the earth, because the Crypt Golem is already hammering at the door behind you!

You're about halfway down the stairs when...

CRASH-WHAM!

You both yelp with terror as the metal door panels go careening down the stairs, narrowly missing you, and you are showered with fragments of brick and mortar!
You turn, Growling Lion wavering in your hands, the redhead wielding her tail-whip at your side...
... and breathe a small sigh of relief; the Golem appears to be stuck in the doorway!

"Better keep moving before it tears itself free," the redhead advises. "It looks pissed. I didn't even know golems could get angry."

You agree, and the two of you descend the rest of the stairs. At the end of yet another tunnel (what an unimaginative architect) you come to an ascending stairway, which ends in a door.
Pushing it open, you are greeted by... a cool breeze scented by earth, moss and leaves; dappled sunlight shining through a green canopy far above you; rustling leaves, birdsong, insects chirping, and the distant cry of what you hope is a monkey.

"Yes!" the redhead exults. "We're out! Suck it, world; Emma Brightwell is NOT dying as a Malborn sacrifice in some dusty, moldy old tomb!"

She turns to you, grinning. "Let's get out of here. Crypt Golems can't move in daylight and can't go too far from their tomb, so we just need to move a fair distance and we'll be safe."

The two of you set off, and Emma Brightwell's expression sobers. "Well... Safe from the Crypt Golem. This is the Lumberjackfree Forest. There are plenty of dangerous Beasts. And it's too close to the Lands in the West for my liking. If we run into a High Elf patrol, we'll wish a Buzzard or a Thesaurus got us.

Listen, I have a friend who lives in a tower in the northern sector of these woods. It'd be a tough trip, but he can help us with equipment and things. Alternatively, we can head south and try to get to the Hill Farms that feed the city of Kirchburg. But I gotta be honest; your clothes look like underwear and I wish mine did, so it'll be a hard sell."

You listen, you nod... and you realize that none of the places and creatures Emma just named sounds familiar. In fact, now that she's named herself, you realize you don't know your own name.
Do you even have one?
Who are you?
Where are you from?
...
VOTE CLOSED. Continue to: grendelkin.deviantart.com/art/…
:iconmagusferox:
MagusFerox Featured By Owner Jun 12, 2018  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Go to the towerrrrr ;D
Reply
:icondonnellthefox:
DonnellTheFox Featured By Owner Jun 12, 2018  New Deviant
"Daisy ... er ... Greenleaf...?"
If 'equipment' includes food and clothing, then sure, let's head for the tower!
Reply
:iconhelenmclaughlinart:
HelenMcLaughlinArt Featured By Owner Jun 12, 2018   Digital Artist
First, I will give myself a name. It shall be......... *looks at nearest flower* "Daisy".

Weapons and armour sounds good, even if we have a harder road. Don't want no judgemental farmers looking down their noses at us, right? I vote we go north, to the tower!
Reply
Add a Comment:
 
×



Details

Submitted on
June 12
Image Size
3.1 MB
Resolution
3462×1444
Thumb

Stats

Views
30
Favourites
3 (who?)
Comments
3
×